Call-center for the taxi service provider
Application migration
Integration
Application Migration
Integration
Our client is a leading provider of taxi service in Belarus approached RichBrains for improving existing call-center software solution. New call-center has to become a part of complex system that will help Taxi 135 get deep insights to improve their service, find existing bottlenecks and drawbacks in the processes.

Goals

By the time we started to discuss this project we were already working on other products that were part of complex system. Android application for driver's, client's Android and IOS apps, client's website and Administration tools.

Diving deeper into the project we've realised that we can't integrate this new products with existing solution.

Old system was unscalable, rigid and inflexible. We could spend years integrating it with new parts of the system and never succeed. It was too risky. So after an RnD we decided to develop a new solution.
Goals
  • Create an automated, flexible and scalable solution which will allow to detect and eliminate existing bottlenecks and pitfalls in the existing processes.
  • Improve UX experience.
CLIENT
Taxi 135 is one of the largest taxi service provider in the Belarus. Founded in 2002 as a “Dispatching office of united taxi service “SPAS”. Currently this is dispatching office of united service of taxi “Stolitsa 135” and “Prestizh”.

Discovery

Firstly, we had to understand the existing workflows as entire system was created specially for that client. At the very beginning of our work we went to the client and spent a whole day examining the way call-center works.

Next few days we spent analyzing information, creating storyboards and backlog. To define and prioritize our backlog we used Intercom framework Jobs-to-be-Done and created job-stories to better understand our users.
Together with our client we've defined the most valuable features and started to create first prototypes.

Design & prototyping

The next step was to get the call-center up and running. Over 100 pages were created to get the optimal interface. We've created and tested together with key users 3 versions of the system.

First approach:­ redesigning and optimizing existing interface. We tried to keep page pattern similar to the previous call-center interface to create familiar work environment for the users. After a few UX tests recognized that it is too hard to focus both on incoming calls and cars in search. Response timer increased dramatically. So we moved forward.


We decided to decrease number of workspaces on the screen. New calls and existing car searches are now in one screen area. All request settings in the other. It is easier to control ongoing situation. We improved response time metrics and number of requests processed by one operator.


Two weeks after launch we decided to visit our client and get a live feedback. First thing we noticed:­ it is very hard to work a long time in front of the screen. Request form felds were too soft. We decided to improve request working area by changing colour scheme and UI elements.
In parallel with ux and ui improvements we worked hard to improve web-app stability and fail tolerance.To track system stability we integrated sentry and fabric.
Next challenge was to make informative easy-to-read order card. Apart from information about the client we had to track live driver’s location, have opportunity to send message or call to a driver.

Apart from call-center operators there is a supervisor user in the system. Supervisors are tracking problems connected to orders, control scheduled orders and resolve conflict situations. We created a special supervisor panel to control all the issues.

As we are ready with main screens we jump to secondary screens, polish details, preparing UI-kit. All the screens we upload to Zeplin to make our team work easier.
Let’s level up your projects, together
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.